Friday, February 26, 2010

preparations for day one ;;

Today is the beginning - I am eating an apple, and carrots as we speak ...
Tomorrow is day one of no junk food for 40 days !!!
I usually drink between 8 - 6 glasses of water a day,
I try hard not to intake other liquids- but it's hard with soy vanilla chai lattes, and mango juice.
BUT I am going to continue with what I started today. 12-15 glasses of water per day.
They suggest 8 glasses to keep you hydrated, so if I take that up it will start to detoxify my body.
I love water already - more can't hurt.
Also - this will take my sugar consumption down from no other liquid intake.
Grocery shopping tomorrow.
Thinking maybe baby spinach, with steamed green beans and baby potatoes. Dressed with fresh raspberry basil vinaigrette. Warm salad is great in the winter. Don't steam the spinach, so it's just barely warming through with the steam of the beans and potatoes.
One legume, and one whole grain make a protein, so I think I may have to add a high fiber breakfast to each day. This way I get my fiber and whole grains at the same time.

I'd like to be more aware of my fat intake too - so no more candy and nonsensical calories in munchies. Time to trim down, so I can be happier with my body. I'll be happier and have a lot less to hold on to.

All these small changes will end in a happier me. A more productive, progressive me.
The Best Me.

written while listening to ;; murs and 9th wonder - free

1 comment:

  1. thinking maybe drink a glass of water every time i am hungry. to make a rational informed snacking decision.

    ReplyDelete