Sunday, February 28, 2010

pressure ;;

One thing in my life, that is really hard for me is dealing with the pressures in life. People attempting to pressure me into doing things I don't want to. It makes my friendships with these people harder. They become unreasonable not getting what pleases them most- and I end up being the bad guy. I really try to hear and know what people want and need out of a relationship with me. Essentially everyone needs each other, and no one can read minds. I won't be able to please everyone and myself, but it's unfair to ask me to please you in a way I am not willing to do. I will always treat you well, and I will always be there for you, I will love you. Unconditionally, but that is as far as I can go. I can't be put through kind of unproductive stress- it doesn't benefit either of us. We shouldn't have to argue our way through friendship. We should be learning how to be more reasonable. Meeting each other half way- trying to grow from each conflict. Not blowing it out of proportion and regressing in our friendship. We have to learn to talk to each other, and listen. Not creating conflict that doesn't teach us anything. Try not to use tones, or loud voices, but to think about each word we speak, and how they are going to affect one another. I try to explain myself. Clearly I am not being understood, or I am being ignored. Either way, we are not going to be a productive part in each others lives, maybe we should part ways. I would like to try to remain friends, seeing each other through rough patches. Lean on me.

If you ever need me, I'll be here. Always.

written while listening to ;;
dr. Dre - Let Me Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment