Tuesday, March 9, 2010

eats for today ;;



I had homemade pizza for lunch, with mushrooms and green peppers. It was made on a foccacia bread, with no cheese. I really enjoyed it! For dinner I had homemade pancit canton, which is a cantonese noodle with ginger, garlic, onion, spring onion, tofu, carrots, broccoli, bok choy, and lemon on top. So fresh, and tasty. Added a bit of veggie broth to make the flavors deeper- added sesame oil also in the beginning to stir fry the vegetables. I love cooking, and I love how those around me are learning to eat more veg and less meat.

I watched Food Inc. recently, it was a really good movie. I like how raw it is- and how it shows how our eating habits are really destroying us slowly. We need to demand better food, better quality, better ways of raising our animals, treating them with respect. At one point during the movie they showed how the biggest slaughter house in america kills their pigs, they SQUISH them to death- it was hard to watch, I cried! I even had a nightmare about it- I think which was reinforcing that I quit eating meat again. Be more aware. Be more conscious of where my food comes from.

2 comments:

  1. pancit canton is bomb!
    !!!! I felt like watching Food Inc too the other day. nuts. prolly get it later. peace

    ReplyDelete